Diana Bojorquez, MD, Pediatrics, San Francisco Medical Center
Target Audience TPMG Physician Assistants working in KPNC.
Taylor Liu, MD, Chief, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology/SCL
Carey Zavala, Director of Program and Strategy - Surgical Services, Region
Bhavana Prakash DMSc, PA-C, Supervising Physician Assistant-Transplant/MCS-VAD Lead APP, KP Santa Clara
Heena Mehta MBA, PA-C, Supervising PA for Strategy & Development & Regional PA Site Lead, Ortho/SFO
Amy Osterholm, MPH, MSW, Lead Professional Development Consultant, Physician Education and Development
At the end of the session, participants should be able to:
1. Practice according to the most up-to-date and best evidence
2. Practice in a way that is consistent across their specialty and across the region
1. Recognize that any exam or encounter type can be considered sensitive from the patient’s perspective.
2. Use an intentional and systematic approach to all patient encounters and apply skills to prevent misunderstandings.
3. Understand how TPMG supports your professional development for communication skill building to prevent accusations and anticipates the process if a claim is made against you.
CME Credit will be granted to participants who attend the webinar and complete the evaluation survey. TPMG Physician Education and Development is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. TPMG Physician Education and Development designates this webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM per webinar. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1.0 hours of credit towards continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses. Certificate of attendance will be available on the TPMG Physician Education & Development website for printing within 30 days of the activity date. It will be up to individual attendees to report applicable hours of attendance to their respective boards. Physician Education and Development is not a BRN provider. However, you may report your hours for this session by indicating "CME" on your license renewal application (in the space where a BRN Number is requested).
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
TPMG Physician Education and Development has determined that none of the speakers, planning committee members, and consultants for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand-name products.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™