The goal of this series is to offer a collaborative, multidisciplinary, case based discussion amongst specialists to create a treatment consensus for cancer care patients. The series will also yield a plan of care for malignancy patients based on the input from the
multidisciplinary case discussion that develops.
Target Audience: Internal Medicine (like Gastroenterology, Medical Oncologists/Hematology, Pulmonology), Pathologists, Radiologists, Radiation Oncologists, and Surgeons.
Series Objectives: Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify and use the best treatment pathway for relevant cancer patients through a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Implement recommendations from case presentations to improve evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
- Peer literature review via Kaiser Clinical library - https://clm.kp.org/wps/portal/cl/NCAL?
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Guideline - www.nccn.org
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Guidelines - www.asco.org
- American Society of Hematology Guidelines - www.hematology.org/Clinicians/Guidelines-Quality/
- New England Journal of Medicine - www.nejm.org/
- KP Oncology Clinical Trials Program - https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!ut/p/a0/FchRDoIwDADQs3CApiIMqH9LLFfQ7a9pFlzCClkWvb76-R5GfGI0eedNWj5M9p-DJmup3lRMU8UHRoxnla0IBj...
- NCI Community Oncology Research Program - http://ncorp.cancer.gov/
- UpToDate - http://www.uptodate.com/home
- Review specific articles based on cases as they develop
James Bainton, MD
Jodie Beyer, PharmD
Natasha Brasic, MD
Sherry Butler, MD
Patrick Chang, MD
Rhona Chen, MD
Sarah Cherny, MD
Jayne Chu, MD
Michael Duh, MD
Manmohan Gandhi, MD
Imelda Ho, MD
Shirley Huang, MD
Thomas Huang, MD
Archana Jayakumar, MD
Amit Kamboj, MD
Edward Kao, MD
Alex Keedy, MD
Peter Kelly, MD
Fawzi Khayat, MD
David Le, MD
Robert Li, MD
Cal Lin, MD
Donghui Lin, MD
Nicole Mazzetti-Baros, MPH, CHES
Tomio Miyai, MD
Marianne Moon, MD<
James P Morris, MD
Yume Nguyen, MD
Stephanie Pappas, MD
Deep Patel, MD
Milan Patel, MD
Supriya Rajpal, MD
Varun Saxena, MD
Edmond Schmulbach, MD
Shreya Shah, MD
Vishal Sidhar, MD
Joseph Song, MD
Susan Steineke, PA
Elisabeth (Kelly O'Mara) Sutter, NP
Michael Tang, MD
Swee Teh, MD
Nathaniel VonFischer, MD
Alice Yeh, MD
Haicheng Yu, MD
William Huang, MD
Department of Medical Oncology/Hematology
Eleanor Becker, MD
Chief of Medical Education
James Morris, MD has disclosed that he is a book author for Medical Publishing and receives royalties.
Upon thorough review of all persons in a position to control content including; collection of disclosure information, our policy for Mechanisms to Identify and Resolve Conflicts of Interest, and faculty centered review, Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this activity do not have any relevant financial relationships and that Dr. Morris' disclosed relationship has been resolved. Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco takes responsibility for the content quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand-name products.
The Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Other credits have been planned on a session by session basis by this planning committee in the categories of Geriatric Medicine (1.0 per session), HIV Specialty Care (1.0 per month), Pain Management and/or End-of-Life Care (1.0 per session), and Radiologic Technology (1.0 per session).
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Geriatrics
- 1.00 HIV
- 1.00 Pain/EOL
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis