As a result of participation in this activity, the clinician will be able to:
1. Identify difficult patient interactions and understand that how they communicate with the
patient is the most important factor to the patient's satisfaction
2. Break down patient requests and respond in an organized, empathetic manner which
acknowledges that patient's concern and offers choices.
3. Incorporate concrete strategies to navigate the clinician-patient relationship and effectively
communicate when denying unwarranted requests.
1. Heather Choate, Project Manager III, TPMG Administration, SFO, Heather.email@example.com
2. Marvin G Gin, Operations Specialist, TPMG Administration, Marvin.G.Gin@kp.org
3. Leah Klinger, MD, Adult and Family Medicine, SFO, Leah.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Diana Bojorquez, MD, Department of Pediatrics, SFO, Diana.Bojorquez@kp.org
5. Eric Dummel, MD, Minor Injury Clinic, SFO, Eric.Dummel@kp.org
1. Diana Bojorquez, MD, Department of Pediatrics, SFO, Diana.Bojorquez@kp.org
2. Leah Klinger, MD, Adult and Family Medicine, SFO, Leah.email@example.com
3. Michelle L. Bourgault, MD, OBGYN, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Eric Dummel, MD, Department of OPIS, SFO, Eric.Dummel@kp.org
5. Mihal Emberton, MD, Adult and Family Medicine, SFO, Mihal.x.Emberton@kp.org
6. Jennifer Pawlowski, MD, Assistant Chief of Medicine, Department of Medicine, SFO,
7. Shawn Tyler, MD, Adult and Family Medicine, SFO, Tyler.Shawn@kp.org
8. Stephanie Terry, MD, Department of OB/GYN, SFO, Stephanie.x.Terry@kp.org
9. Jeanne Tyan, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, SFO, Tyan.Jeanne@kp.org
10. Glenda Swetman, MD, Department of Dermatology, SFO, Glenda.L.Swetman@kp.org
Disclosure: All the presenters and the CME chief, Dr. Ingrid Lim have disclosed no financial relationships with commercial interest related to this conference.