Every Friday from 9 AM to 10 AM
- Kevin Lee, M.D.
- Grace Duan,
- Ingrid Stram-Doll MSN, FNP-BC
A multidisciplinary conference to manage patients newly diagnosed with breast cancer: Patient management is optimized as treatment recommendations are based on the expert opinion from a diverse team of cancer experts attending this conference from multiple specialties including breast surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, genetics, pathology, and radiology. A personalized care plan is designed for each patient by the team during this conference. After this conference, each member of the care team will sequentially meet with the patient that same morning and thereby execute the management plan. In doing so, the patient is able to meet all members of the breast cancer team who will be responsible for management of the breast cancer and treatment will be initiated in an efficient and effective manner. Simultaneously, clinicians involved in the conference are able to review each case, obtain expert cross-disciplinary consultation, as well as develop and execute a prepared and personalize plan for each patient.
Our multidisciplinary team will continue to meet to review cases, design comprehensive personalized management plans based on multidisciplinary expert opinion, and, subsequently, execute the management plan.
- Establish a consistent approach to management of new invasive breast cancer.
- Identify and employ the latest methods and new treatments available to provide comprehensive care for patients through a collaborative team effort.
- Implement recommendations discussed in case presentations to improve diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of cancer.
- Identify and address issues of race, language and ethnic implications in cancer diagnosis, care and treatment.