Speaker Name(s) and Credential(s)
Stephanie Chen, cardiology fellow
1. Explain the indications, risks, and benefits of invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in cardiovascular disease
2. Discuss the basics of radiation physics, radiation safety, radiologic cardiovascular anatomy, and clinical cardiovascular
3. Interpret the data obtained from invasive procedures to select medical, catheter-based, or surgical treatment
4. Describe the mechanics and incorporate invasive diagnostic procedures and techniques discussed
Yancy CW et al, 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure. Circulation. 2013
Windecker S, et al. 2014 ESC/EACTS Guidelines on myocardial revascularization. European Heart Journal 2014.
Partington SL, et al. Multimodality imaging in the assessment of myocardial viability. Heart Fail Rev. 2011
Kim RJ, et al. The use of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to identify reversible myocardial dysfunction.
Bonow R, et al. Myocardial Viability and Survival in Ischemic LV Dsfunction. NEJM 2011
Velazquez E, CABG in Patients with Ischemic Cardiomyopathy. NEJM 2016
Beanlands RS, PET imaging-assisted management of patients with severe LV dysfunction and suspected CAD: a RCT
(PARR-2). JACC 2007
Chareonthaitawee P, et al. Is viability imagng still relevant in 2012? JACC CV Imaging. 2012
Wolff, et al. Survival Benefits of Invasive Versus Conservative Strategies in Heart Failure in Patients With Reduced
Ejection Fraction and Coronary Artery Disease: A Meta-Analysis. Circ Heart Fail. 2017
Gillmore, et al. Nonbiopsy diagnosis of cadiac transthyretin amyloidosis. Circulation 2016
Gertz MA, Benson MD, Dyck PJ, et al. Diagnosis, Prognossi, and Therapy of Transthyretin Amylodosis. JACC 2015.
Maurer MS, et al. Genotype and phenotype of transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis. THAOS (Transthyretin amyloid outcome
survery). JACC 2016
Banypersad SM, Moon JC, Hawkins PN, et al. Updates in Cardiac Amyloidosis: A Review. JAHA 2012
Pai RG, Varadarajan P. Deeper Into Cardiac Amyloid. Potential for Improved Outcomes. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging
Vogelsberg H, et al. Cardiovascular MR in Clinically Suspected Cardiac Amyloidosis: Noninvasive Imaging Compared to
Endomyocardial Bbiopsy. JACC2008.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis