2017 07 26 Pediatric Gangliogliomas - PEDIATRIC GRAND ROUNDS
TITLE: Pediatric Gangliogliomas
Mark Fedor, MD, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Kaiser Oakland
Resources: See PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Pediatricians and family practice physicians who see children, specialists and other interested clinicians within their scope of practice where applicable.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
1. General overview of benign pediatric brain tumors with emphasis on pediatric gangliogliomas.
2. Review pediatric gangliogliomas and their association with epilepsy.
3. Guidance on follow-up imaging for benign appearing lesions in the brain.
4. Review principles of surgical and oncological management.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™