2017 08 08 Rheumatologic Emergencies Part 2- Lupus MEDICINE GRAND ROUNDS
Title: Rheumatologic Emergencies Part 2- Lupus
DAWN PIARULLI, MD
Resources: See Powerpoint Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Primary Care. Other interested clinicians and physicians are invited to attend according to their scope of practice where applicable.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Identify and initiate management of the most life/vision threatening rheumatologic emergencies.
2. Identify the non-rheumatologic emergency of septic arthritis and refer to orthopedics efficiently.
3. Discuss some of the common autoimmune antibodies and what they represent.
4. Evaluate patient complaints with proper screening labs prior to consulting Rheumatology.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™