2017 09 13 Medical Hypnosis for Children and Adolescents - PEDIATRIC GRAND ROUNDS
TITLE: Medical Hypnosis for Children and Adolescents
Jeffrey Lazarus, MD, FAAP; Private Practice Pediatrician
Resources: See PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Pediatrics Department.This program may be of interest to all primary care physicians. Specialists and other interested clinicians are invited to attend within their scope of practice where applicable.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand what medical hypnosis is and how it works.
2. Appreciate the primary literature in support of medical hypnosis for several medical conditions.
3. Assess which patients and families to refer for medical hypnosis.
4. Identify cultural factors that affect willingness to pursue hypnosis as a medical treatment.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™