2017 Hospital Wide Grand Rounds "Bug Bites"
Title: Bug Bites
Speaker: Patrick McCleskey, MD
1. Identify typical patterns of insect bites.
2. Prepare to counsel patients on treatment and prevention of common causes
of insect bites.
3. Learn techniques to remove ticks, and counsel patients on it.
4. Differentiate brown recluse spider bites and its mimics.
Resources: See PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
All care providers, all clinical areas.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™