2017 Patient Safety University
Speakers: Melanie Parker, MD, Stephanie Lotane, Clinical Practice Consultant, DeAndre Turner, Clinical Practice Consultant, Jeff Convissar, Permanente Federation
All Physicians and Nurses
• Discuss practices which create a Just Culture environment
• Describe communications tools (closed loop communication and handoff)
• Describe concepts of human factors engineering, reliability and safety science that can be used to make sustainable improvements.
• Understand the impact that accountability, reliability, and resilience have on your safety programs.
The presenter & planning committee members for this activity have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
Kaiser Santa Clara is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Kaiser Santa Clara designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 8.00 Attendance