2018 April 13 - Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Grand Rounds - Salivary Gland Disorders
Title: Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Grand Rounds - Salivary Gland Disorders
Steven Mirucci, MD
Barcleigh Landau, MD
Jonathan Lin, MD
Patty Chen, MD
Barry Rasgon, MD
Resources: See PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Head and Neck Surgeons. Physicians, other interested clinicians within their scope of practice where applicable.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
1. To educate healthcare providers on salivary gland anatomy.
2. Participants will be able to check their biases and accurately diagnose and treat benign salivary gland tumors.
3. Understand the common salivary gland malignancies.
4. Be able to describe the diagnosis, management, and treatment of malignant salivary gland lesions.
5. Understand the most recent diagnostic criteria for primary Sjogrens syndrome.
6. Understand how to interpret serologies and the sensitivity and specificity of the serologies for Sjogrens.
7. Understand the role of minor salivary gland biopsy for diagnosis.
8. Understand challenging issues with histopathology variations in salivary gland biopsies.
9. Understand which patients with salivary gland disease are appropriate referrals for sialoendoscopy.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.00 Attendance
- 3.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis