2018 January 12 - Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Grand Rounds
Title: Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Grand Rounds
Noriko Yoshikawa, MD
David Chou, PGY -1
Farzad Masroor, MD
Resources: See PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Statement of Disclosure:
The Kaiser Permanente East Bay Oakland Medical Center has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for this program do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this program. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
East Bay Area - Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
East Bay Area - Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM.. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report 1 hour of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Head and Neck Surgeons. Physicians, other interested clinicians within their scope of practice where applicable.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the concept of social determinants of health; and to be looking for ways we can improve our delivery of care to people of color.
2. Describe the relative incidence of workforce sexual harassment for women & men.
3. Report 2 actions you can take to intervene if witnessing sexual harassment.
4. Differentiate sexual harassment from sexual abuse.
5. Understand the impact of sleep deprivation on resident health and education.
6. Understand the impact of sleep deprivation on patient safety.
7. Understand the future avenues of research needed.
- 1.20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.20 Attendance
- 1.20 Other