Dementia-Capable Care Across the Continuum Grand Rounds 03/21/2023
Dementia-Capable Care Across the Continuum
Speaker: Wynnelena Canio, MD, Geriatric Medicine
When: March 21, 2023
Time: 12:30PM - 1:30PM
As a result of attending this Grand Round, attendees will be better able to:
1. Recognize different types of dementia.
2. Apply accessible diagnostic tests and specialist to determine the cause of dementia.
3. Management of dementia-associated symptoms, including safety.
4. Leverage partnerships with all the other disciplines involved in the holistic care of the patient/caregiver and enable better integration between disciplines in patient care.
5. Identify cultural/linguistic/implicit bias issues which may present barriers and/or opportunities in the care experience.
Wynnelena Canio, MD Geriatric Medicine
San Rafael Medical Center
Statement of Disclosure: Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – San Rafael has determined that the speaker(s) and the planning committee for this activity do not have any relevant financial relationships. Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – San Rafael takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – San Rafael is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – San Rafael designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Geriatrics