ED: Neurosurgical Emergencies and Stroke Care, 11/7/17
After participation in this CME activity, the learner will be able to:
1. manage blood pressure in the setting of intracranial bleeds, with tighter systolic blood pressure control for SAH
2. calculate the THRIVE score by going to www.thrivescore.org or MDCalc to predict clinical outcome, mortality, and risk of hemorrhage after TPA in patients with ischemic stroke
3. treat head bleeds in patients on warfarin, NOACs, heparin, and those with platelet dysfunction using the health connect order set for "rapid reversal of coagulopathy"
4. order mannitol with lasix chaser or hypertonic saline for patients with intracranial hypertension, even though a RCT showed no benefit
5. explain how IV tPA works compared to endovascular therapy, and the controversy of IV tPA + thrombectomy vs thrombectomy alone
Planner: Ingrid Lim, MD
Speaker: Alexander Flint, MD
Disclosure Statement: The faculty and planners for this activity, as well as the CME staff, do not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests or affiliations to disclose.
Accreditation Statement: Kaiser San Francisco (San Francisco, CA 94115) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance