OB/GYN: HIV Prevention at Kaiser Permanente, 02/05/19
After participation in this CME activity, the learner will be able to:
1. Participants will understand the science behind HIV prevention strategies such as
preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and Treatment as Prevention (TasP).
2. Participants will be able to discuss PrEP effectiveness “in the real world” here at KPNC
3. Participants will be able to identify patients in a variety of clinical settings who may
benefit from PrEP.
4. Participants will understand the unique challenges and opportunities for cis-women
Planners: Jennifer Schmitt MD & Sarah Morocco, MD
Speaker(s): Jonathan E. Volk, MD MPH
Associate Physician & Hospital Epidemiologist
Internal Medicine & Infectious Diseases
Disclosure Statement: The faculty and planners for this activity, as well as the CME staff, do not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests or affiliations to disclose.
The Kaiser San Francisco (San Francisco, CA 94115) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 HIV