Recording: Mitigating the Impact of Pandemic-Related Stress
Virtual JAMM Series – Session 6 : Mitigating the Impact of Pandemic-Related Stress
Our presenters, Shoshana Helman, MD and Hillary Van Horn-Gatlin, PhD, will address various forms of stress experienced by physicians during the pandemic and share strategies that can protect against a negative long-term impact on one's emotional and mental health.
As a reminder, our ongoing JAMM CME videoconferences are intended to bring internal and external experts on various topics to provide education and support for the health, wellness, clinical practice, and/or professional development of TPMG physicians. Thank you for all you do!
If you would like CME, please do the following:
Log-in first (above) with your NUID & computer credentials to view all session details.
Locate the recording link and evaluation by clicking "Take Course".
Complete the online evaluation & claim your credit via this website.
If you have already claimed CME credit for the live session, do not claim credit for the recording.
Shoshana Helman, MD
Hillary Van Horn-Gatlin, PhD
March 5, 2021
Planning Committee Members:
Amanjat Sethi, MD, TPMG Regional Director of Wellness Operations
Rae Oser, PhD, Director TPMG Strategic Initiatives, TPMG Physician Education & Development
Cheo Tobin, Project Manager, TPMG Physician Education & Development
Stevie Gomez, Ed.M. Sr. Professional Development Consultant, TPMG Physician Education & Development
TPMG Physicians and other members of the Kaiser Permanente healthcare team.
As a result of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify wellness tools that physicians can implement into their work routine that will lead to higher staff morale and improved patient care and safety.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate wellness resources located on the TPMG physician support website: https://sp-cloud.kp.org/sites/PhysicianCOVIDResources/SitePages/Virtual-JAMM-Series.aspx
- Mitigate the impact of pandemic-related stress:
1. To gain a greater understanding of the contributing factors to collective trauma and loss related to the pandemic.
2. Participants will acquire knowledge around grief, trauma and post traumatic growth.
3. Participants will learn and apply new skills for moments when they have a lack of motivation or persistence left to give
To Receive CME credit:
Participate in session; complete the online evaluation; and claim your credit via this website. Click on "Take Course" to proceed.
TPMG Physician Education and Development is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
TPMG Physician Education and Development designates this live activity for a total of 1.0 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Certificate of attendance will be available on the TPMG Physician Education & Development website for printing within 30 days of the program date. It will be up to the individual attendees to report applicable hours of attendance to their respective boards.
TPMG Physician Education and Development has determined that the speakers, planning committee and consultants for this activity do not have any affiliations with any corporate organizations that would constitute a conflict of interest, relevant to the content of this activity. TPMG does not endorse any brand name products.
Internet and KP network access will be required to locate session details and/or access the evaluation via this website. Please "log-in" first (top of screen/above) with your KP NUID & computer credentials and click "Take Course" to proceed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™