RWC HBS ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL: 11.15.17
Topic: ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL. BENZODIAZEPINE SPARING TREATMENT FOR ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL
Resources: See power point presentation
Physician Focus: HBS and ICU Physicians
- Discuss and describe mechanisms of alcohol withdrawal.
- Describe symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- Diagnose patients at risk and those experiencing alcohol withdrawal.
- Discuss and describe evidence for alternative treatment of alcohol withdrawal.
- Discuss a possible protocol for prophylaxis and treatment of alcohol withdrawal.
Planner: DORINA GHEORGHEVICI, MD, HBS Dept., Redwood City; LUKE WHITE, MD, Dept. of PSYCHIATRY, Redwood City
Faculty: LUKE WHITE, MD, Dept. of PSYCHIATRY, Redwood City
CME Staff: Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator; Alvin Ting, CME Chief of Education
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™