SJO- CME Workshop
Invite Only (CME Committee Members, CME Planners)
Post Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7QGH8TN
- Jeff Mallin, M.D., Institute of Medical Quality Surveyor
- Nicholas Bell, MPH, Quality Specialist, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Haritha Rachamallu, M.D., Chief of Staff Edcuation, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Irene Ching, RN, Clinical Director of Quality Services, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Apply IMQ/CMA accreditation requirements to plan and evaluate CME activities and to improve your CME program
- Utilize a planning process that assesses available data/information to identify professional practice gaps (PPGs) and incorporates educational needs in terms of Knowledge, Competence or Performance that underlie the gap(s).
- Design activities to change Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes (Expected Results/Learning Objectives).
- Utilize the evaluation tools that are effective in measuring a change in Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes.
- Analyze data to determine changes in learners Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes as a result of your overall CME program.
- Integrate relevant Cultural Linguistic Competencies (CLC) disparities into the planning of CME activities.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) planners and committee members are lacking knowledge and competence around
the new CME criteria for re-accreditation with commendation with the Institute for Medical Quality. During the past year, the
Kaiser San Jose CME Program has undergone multiple changes, which may have left a performance gap with CME
planners and committee members. In order to prepare for accreditation, this workshop will realign the team's goals and
By understanding these new criteria the planners and committee members can better implement inter-professional teams,
collaborate effectively with the community, and incorporate health/practice data when creating CME programs. A clear
understanding of the criteria will lead to robust programs, which leads to better outcomes data with the ultimate goal of
improving patient health.
The speakers and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™