Updates in Rheumatology: Outpatient Gout Management
Lukas LaSyone, MD
- Understand the most recent guideline-based approaches for the management of acute gouty flares and recognize the indications for the appropriate therapy based on the number of joints involved and duration of symptoms
- Recognize current ACR recommendations for the management of serum urate levels as the cornerstone of treating gout
- Discuss conflicts in recommendations between different medical societies (ACR, ACP and EULAR) and review the literature regarding treat-to-target allopurinol dose escalation in gout
- Review gaps in knowledge and implications for future research on gout
POST SESSION SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M9GTB35
The presenter & planning committee members for this activity have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
Kaiser Santa Clara is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Kaiser Santa Clara designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance