- There will be limited participation for this drill to prevent the transmission of COVID 19. ER nurses, ER physicians, ER techs, Phlebotomist, Social Services, Surgery Services, Toxicologist
- Lisa Hung, D.O., Emergency Department, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
Kaiser San Jose hospital was affected by 8.0 earthquake during the evening of September 17, 2020 in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The earthquake affected the hospital's power supply. Health Connect, and phones are inaccessible. There is surge of earthquake victims to the ER including victims exposed to an unknown chemical spill at a nearby construction site. The ER is also seeing a continuous flow of potential patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
(1) Locate the MCI supplies, organize the MCI triage and treatment areas, and start the MCI triage process in the KSJO Ambulance bay.
(2) Deploy the Decontamination tent and to become familiar with the set-up and location of the Decontamination tent in our Ambulance bay for patients who have a chemical exposure.
(3) Track mass casualty patients when there is no available Health Connect.
The speaker(s) and planning committee has no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™