HBS, Intensivists, Infectious disease, Primary Care, GI, Pulmonary, Nephrology, Cardiology, hematology, neurology, endocrinology and rheumatology
- Hemali Sudhalkar, MD, HBS, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Divyesh Patel, MD, Anesthesiology, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Myron Kwong, MD, Oncology, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Deepa Ramaswamy, MD, Nephrology, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Bobby Tsang, MD, Intensivist and Anesthesiologist, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Rose Dao, MD, Hospital Medicine, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
Unexpected morbidity and mortality are seen in the in-patient and out-patient practice of medicine. Cases with morbidity and/or mortality offer a unique opportunity for physicians to pause, analyze, learn and avoid similar medical errors and to prevent morbidity and mortality of patients, in the future. This is a very powerful way of interactive learning as in this activity real cases are used from our own facility. At the end of the activity, we summarize system issues, adverse events due to medication errors, and other adverse outcomes in patient care, in a safe, blame-free environment.
The speaker(s) and planning committee have no financial ties to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™