This module will review Radiation Biology.
This training is designed for any physician with an S&O Fluoroscopy license.
Physicians will be able to:
- Identify the major components of radiation protection and safety for digital systems and fluoroscopic equipment
- Implement proper radiation and protection procedures when utilizing digital systems and fluoroscopic equipment
- Effectively communicate and educate others on the need and value of proper radiation protection procedure
The Planning Committee for this program includes John Rego, MD, Andrew Klonecke, MD, Chris Salem, Rebecca Stern, Camille Dennard, and Lisa Lau.
TPMG Physician Education and Development designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report up to a maximum total of 4.0 hours of credit towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.0.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ be awarded per self-directed online module (8 modules total).
This program also meets the requirements for 0.5 Radiologic Technology credits per module.
While you are welcome to review this course multiple times, CME credit may only be claimed once within a two year cycle.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 0.50 Radiation Safety
- 0.50 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis