Speaker: Yanhong Zhang, MD
Planner: Gillian Kuehner, MD
Title: "Phyllodes Tumors of the Breast"
Overview of clinical and radiologic presentation of the uncommon disease, method of diagnosis, an treatment recommendations.
- Breast team should recognize that size of the breast lesion and patient's age may not be reliable indicators for discriminating between fibroadenomas and phyllodes tumors.
- Surgical treatment of all phyllodes tumors is excision with negative margins. Ideal margin width remains controversial, although recent studies have shown extent of surgical margin has no impact on disease-free survival.
- Adjuvant radiation therapy has no effect on survival and adjuvant chemotherapy has no proven benefit.
Many cancer patients are seen for their initial consultation by a surgeon. However, because cancer patients are treated by multiple specialties and care needs to be coordinated between services, it is necessary to have an evidence-based, multi-disciplinary discussion to create each patient's individualized treatment plan. The CME session allow for time throughout the year to present new and significant findings from national meetings, review topics of interest, and come to consensus on best-practices for clinical management.
Kaiser Napa Solano Area is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Napa Solano Area designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ + 1.0-unit credit Radiologic Technology. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis