Topics discussed such as: Early TXA administration decreases mortality, Use of TEG to manage bleeding; Use of REBOA in uncontrolled bleeding from pelvic fractures; Available resources for debriefing for preventing secondary trauma; Adjustment of VTE prophylaxis for patient’s size, and are adjusted to pro-per dose; and when lab values are used to optimize VTE prophylaxis. The goal of this grand rounds is to:
1. Improve communication between disciplines that results in comprehensive quality care
2. Clinicians will be motivated and engaged to learn of emerging best practices
3. Clinicians will evaluate the patient care delivery process, identifying challenges & barriers with implementations or patient care practices from all aspects, using a multi-disciplinary approach
4. Increase opportunities for clinicians to gain exposure to high risk/low frequency procedures, trauma/disease process as well as operational processes
5. Continue with regularly scheduled, multi-disciplinary QI program and encourage increased attendance/engagement
6. Continue with regularly scheduled education regarding topics of interest and topics identified as gaps
1. Distinguish --priorities of care, diagnostics of injuries and acuity, resource availability and competency to reduce morbidity and mortality of trauma patients.
2. Identify --new concepts and approaches to delivering care to all trauma patients.
3. Implement---best practices and patient safety to improve patient outcomes in trauma patients.
Napa/Solano Trauma Surgeons and Trauma Liaisons, Physicians that are consulted to provide their expertise to trauma patients when needed. Other teams include but are not limited to: Nurses, Pharmacists, PT, OT, RT, Social Services, Spiritual Care, Dietitians, Pre-Hospital Providers, Coroner, Lab, and Blood Bank clinicians.
Kaiser Permanente Vacaville, 1 Quality Drive, MOB-A, Conf. Rms. C & D
Chris Bandy MD, FACS, Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Department, KFH Vacaville
Amy Brammer, MSN, RN, TNS, CEN, CAISS, CSTR, Trauma Program Director, Trauma Department, KFH Vacaville
M. Evan Edminster RN, BSN, CFRN, Trauma Educator, Injury Prevention and Outreach Coordinator, Trauma Department, KFH Vacaville
Jessica Pemberton MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, Performance Improvement Coordinator, Trauma Department, KFH Vacaville
Kaiser Permanente Napa/Solano has determined that today's speaker and planner(s) do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations that may constitute a conflict of interest with this presentation.
Kaiser Permanente Napa/Solano takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand-name products.
CREDITS & ACCREDITATION:
Kaiser Napa Solano Area is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Napa Solano Area designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™+ 1.0-unit Trauma Credit +1.0-unit Pain_eol +1.0-unit Radiologic technology credit, and +1.0-unit Geriatric credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.