Thu, 12/30/2021 - 12:30pm
CME PROGRAM PLANNER:
Candace Hu, MPH
Candace Hu, MPH
AFM, Anesthesia, HBS, Nurses, Palliative Care, Pharmacists, PT, Surgeons
- Recognize more clearly and be more aware of the geriatric vulnerabilities and considerations that may affect their patients and should be addressed. Know the key program elements and know how to send their patients through for a geriatric evaluation and board discussion.
- Recognize other avenues available for their patients who may not be recommended for surgery by the board.
- Recognize the other optimization needs their patients should undergo for comprehensive care and goal concordance.
- Utilize stronger partnerships with all the other disciplines involved in the holistic care of a patient and enable a better integration between disciplines in patient care.
- Consider culture, language and health literacy in all patient - provider communications.
STATEMENT OF DISCLOSURE:
Candace Hu, all presenters, and all planners of this activity have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with a commercial interest that constitute a relevant financial relationship.
A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests - unless the provider of clinical service is owned, or controlled by, an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
AWARD OF CME CREDIT:
CME credit will be granted to participants who attend the conference and complete the evaluation survey.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Credit Designation Statement
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nurses may report 1 hour participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Geriatrics