Tue, 04/03/2018 - 12:30pm
CME PROGRAM PLANNER:
Heather Tiska, MD
Dr. Carmen-florina Bujor
Physicians, NPs and PAs - Primary Care
As a result of this CME activity, participants should be better able to:
1) Familiarize the Primary Care Physicians with the structure and type of work that the Elder Care Department providers do.
2) Review what qualifies patients for a skilled stay at SNF under the Medicare criteria
3) Discuss about how the Adult Medicine Department and Elder Care Department can best work together to prevent readmissions
1) Discuss difficult cases seen within the primary care setting and identify treatment options.
2) Determine best therapies and strategies for managing various clinical challenges commonly seen in Primary Care and incorporate care recommendations in their practice.
3) Utilize allied health services and specialty referrals to the best advantage of the patients on their panel.
4) Consider culture, language and health literacy in all patient - provider communications.
STATEMENT OF DISCLOSURE:
Faculty for TPMG Continuing Medical Education Programs must complete a Declaration of Disclosure prior to the CME activity. Having an interest in or affiliation with a commercial entity does not preclude making a presentation at a CME activity, but if a Conflict of Interest exists, it must be resolved prior to the educational activity being delivered. Relevant financial relationships, or the lack of such relationships, must be disclosed to learners prior to the beginning of the educational activity.
Carmen Bujor and all other presenters have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed the disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest.
FOR CME CREDIT:
To receive CME credit for this session, please return to this page after the session and follow these instructions:
- scroll down
- select the "Take Course" button
- complete your evaluation
AWARD OF CME CREDIT:
CME credit will be granted to participants who attend the webinar and complete the evaluation survey.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nurses may report 1 hours participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™