Thu, 05/17/2018 - 8:00am
CME PROGRAM PLANNER:
Nichole Tyson, MD
Physicians, NPs and PAs - OB/Gyn
As a result of this CME activity, participants should be better able to:
1) Recognize the risks of Marijuana use in pregnancy: teratogenicity, pregnancy outcomes, breastfeeding, etc.
2) Utilize effective counseling strategies to discourage use? How does the office practitioner approach this situation?
3) Correctly review our resources for support/counseling- ie. Early start
1) Provide care for OB/GYN patients in accordance with current evidence based practices and according to ACOG standards.
2) Utilize literature and evidence based medicine to identify changes to update and optimize clinical practice.
3 )Utilize strategies for effective communication with patients across culture and language barriers.
4) Related to various patient populations, explore diagnosis or treatment stereotypes and assumptions that may misguide the clinician.
5) Consider culture, language and health literacy in all patient - provider communications
STATEMENT OF DISCLOSURE:
Dutima Batra,MD. and all other presenters have disclosed that they have no relevant relationships with commercial or industry organizations. The CME Department has reviewed the disclosure information for
the planner(s) and/or committee/faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant conflict of interest.
FOR CME CREDIT:
To receive CME credit for this session, please return to this page after the session and follow these instructions:
- scroll down
- select the "Take Course" button
- complete your evaluation
- claim your CME credit
AWARD OF CME CREDIT
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nurses may report 1 hours participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™