Fri, 08/17/2018 - 12:30pm
CME PROGRAM PLANNER:
Steven Pirog, MD
Macduff Sheehy, MD
Physicians, NPs and PAs - HBS
As a result of this CME activity, participants should be better able to:
1) Correctly understand what MKSAP requires internal medicine physicians to understand about Cardiology medicine
2) Identify the finer points of the latest management of Cardiology disease
3) Correctly manage the diagnosis and clinical reasoning in Cardiology patients
1) Correlate findings of diverse clinical challenges related to hospital based medicine to the management of hospital inpatients.
2) Utilize a standardized approach to patient management of hospital inpatients.
3) Employ clinical skills developed through colleague mentoring and group discussion of hospital based medicine.
4) Incorporate recommendations in current literature and practice guidelines in the management of their patients.
5) Recognize features of hospital disease and treatment, assess the patients appropriately of better management, and consult specialist appropriately.
6) Consider barriers to medically undeserved groups when offering to deliver care to them and recognize difficulties in communicating effectively.
7) Consider systems barriers to best practices.
STATEMENT OF DISCLOSURE:
Macduff Sheehy, MD and the planners of this activity have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with a commercial interest that constitute a relevant financial relationship.
A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests - unless the provider of clinical service is owned, or controlled by, an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
FOR CME CREDIT:
To receive CME credit for this session, please return to this page after the session and follow these instructions:
- scroll down
- select the "Take Course" button
- complete your evaluation
- claim your CME credit
AWARD OF CME CREDIT
CME credit will be granted to participants who attend the conference and complete the evaluation survey.
The Sacramento Valley CME Program is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Sacramento Valley CME Program takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Credit Designation Statement
The Sacramento Valley CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Nurses may report 1 hour participation toward the continuing education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™