Target Audience: Orthopedic Surgeons
After participation in the series, the learner will be able to:
- Use evidence based recommendations to manage orthopedic injuries, beginning with acute care in the ED, through surgical, post-acute care, and rehabilitation.
- Diagnose & classify fractures, apply current surgical approaches to the treatment based on fracture patterns, employ fixation techniques and describe the mode of healing desired for a variety of fractures,
- Apply principles of evidence-based practice to the operative and non-operative treatment of patients with orthopedic conditions to enable successful surgical and post-surgical outcomes.
Planner: Varun Gajendran, MD
Accreditation Statement: The Kaiser San Francisco (San Francisco, CA 94115) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The Kaiser San Francisco (San Francisco, CA 94115) designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: The faculty and planners for this activity, as well as the CME staff, do not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests or affiliations to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Geriatrics
- 1.00 Pain/EOL
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis
- 1.00 Trauma