Pediatricians and Radiologist
- Maryam Afshar, MD, CME Pediatric Planner, Pediatric Department, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Yueyi Liu, MD, Radiology, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Continued, consistent and effective collaboration of general pediatricians, pediatric sub-specialists and radiologists, and active participation, engagement, and commitment from all stakeholders involved.
- Improved communication, prevention of delay in care, improving patient compliance and optimization of care.
- Reduce radiation exposure to pediatric patients.
Pediatricians are not always current on the best choice of diagnostic imaging. Radiologists and subspecialists can advise pediatricians on the latest imaging options appropriate for the situation and the age. They can recommend options with the least radiation and provide parents with evidence why inappropriate exposure is not in the best interest of their child. Radiologists do not see the whole clinical presentation of the patient and pediatricians can add a different perspective when looking at the images. During the meetings, cases with diagnostic dilemmas are reviewed and relevant current literature guidelines are implemented into the pediatric practice work flow.
The speaker(s) and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™