- Pediatricians and Family Medicine physicians
Lunch RSVP: Lunch has been ordered for the first 35 people who attend the event in full
WebEx (Please MUTE yourself upon entry): https://kponline.webex.com/kponline/j.php?MTID=m07cdf1bcc51ab085a95fe68e9445f924
- Dr. Payal Karsan, Pediatrician, KP San Jose
At the conclusion of this event, participants will be able to:
- Identify cases that present with diagnostic dilemmas and know best and safest imaging to use
- Review appropriate radiology studies and supporting laboratory studies and further imaging options
- Review relevant current literature whenever available
- Identify gaps in knowledge during case presentation and plan for relevant continuing medical education in the future
Pediatricians are not always current on the best choice of diagnostic imaging. Radiologists and subspecialists can advise pediatricians on the latest imaging options appropriate for the situation and the age. They can recommend options with the least radiation and provide parents with evidence why inappropriate exposure is not in the best interest of their child. Radiologists do not see the whole clinical presentation of the patient and pediatricians can add a different perspective when looking at the images. During the meetings, cases with diagnostic dilemmas are reviewed and relevant current literature guidelines are implemented into the pediatric practice work flow.
The speaker and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis