All MDs, Psychiatry, PAs, NPs, RNs, LCSW, MFT
Lunch RSVP: Lunch will be ordered for the first 120 people
WebEx (Please MUTE yourself upon entry): https://kponline.webex.com/kponline/j.php?MTID=m6897be7d356759566dd556c422b32f10
Post-Presentation Survey (By 2/15/18): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/62HQTDB
- Seth Ammerman, MD. Clinical Professor, Standford University
- Poorvi Saini, LMFT, Department of Adult Psychiatry, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- Rochelle Woods, MD, Mental Health/Psychiatry, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
- List evidence-based medical indications for marijuana
- Describe cannabinoid basics
- Identify effective ways to counsel patients and parents about the use of medical and recreational marijuana cases.
This CME talk cover definitions of marijuana, THC,and hemp; cannabis basics, various aspects of medical marijuana, including types , evidence base, and how medical marijuana is recommended by physicians and obtained by patients;marijuana legalization, decriminalization and criminalization in the USA;DEA drug scheduling;epidemiology of marijuana use in USA; legal synthetic forms of marijuana, recreational marijuana use issues for adults and adolescents;driving under the influence of marijuana issues and counseling parents and teens about the use of medical and recreational marijuana.
The speaker and planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™