All Physicians, Psychiatry, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapists
Post Presentation Survey: Please return after the session to complete post survey on ETHOS
TEAMS link is available after you select "Take Course"
- Robert Enoch, PhD, Staff Psychologist, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- Honor Hsin, MD, PhD, Staff Psychiatrist, Adult Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine and Recovery Services, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
- John Tran, LMFT, Mental Health Professional, Adult Psychiatry, Kaiser Permanente, San Jose
1) Educate their patients about the various types of gender-affirming medical interventions offered through Kaiser Permanente
2) Communicate with transgender, nonbinary, and gender expansive patients in an affirming manner, including using patients’ correct pronouns and being mindful when using specific medical terms that may cause increased dysphoria for some patients.
The presentation will aim to raise awareness of the various ways in which attendees can be more affirming when providing care to their transgender, nonbinary, and gender expansive patients. The presenter will offer information about the importance of language and accurate terminology when working with transgender patients. Additionally, the presenter will provide data about health disparities experienced by transgender individuals. Attendees will gain an understanding of the importance of gender-affirming medical interventions for certain transgender individuals, as well as be able to describe which procedures/surgeries are offered through Kaiser Permanente.
The speaker(s) and planning committee has no financial relationships to disclose.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
**Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center designates this Live Course for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™