CME Planning Committee Members
Michele Evans, MD - Medical Director, KPNC Child Abuse Services and Prevention, Pediatrics, Roseville
Judy Gee, Program Manager, KPNC Child Abuse Services and Prevention, Region
Kristen Birtwhistle, MS - Regional Director, Medical Group Support Services, Region
Karen Mariano, MPH, CHES® - Professional Development Consultant, Physician Education and Development, Oakland, CA.
TPMG Physicians - Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine and Mental Health. Additional teams - RNs and Social Workers in Pediatrics and General Medicine, Project Managers in various departments and Leadership APICs and AMGAs.
1. Participants will be able to screen for child sexual trafficking cases through identification indicators and victim characteristics (April).
2. Participants will be able to identify child sexual trafficking resources available for patients and refer appropriately to the right services (April).
3. Participants will be able to refer available parenting resources for child maltreatment prevention through MyDoctor online (April).
4. Participants will be able to incorporate successful child abuse services and prevention program clinical recommendations in their practice (April/August).
TPMG Physician Education and Development has determined that the speakers and the planning committee for the workshop do not have affiliations with any corporate organizations (commercial interests) that may constitute a conflict of interest with the content of this webinar session. Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand name products.
TPMG Physician Education & Development is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The TPMG Physician Education & Development designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses may report a maximum of 4.75 hours towards the continuing medical education requirements for license renewal by the California Board of Registered Nurses. Certificate of attendance will be available on the TPMG Physician Education & Development calendar website for printing within 30 days of program date. It will be up to individual attendees to report applicable hours of attendance to their respective boards. Physician Education and Development is not a BRN provider. However, you may report your hours for this course by indicating “CME” on your license renewal application (in the space where a BRN Number is requested).
To Receive CME Credit
In order to receive CME credit, participants must be present at the workshop and you must complete after the session the program evaluation. The information collected will help determine needs and design of future workshops. This evaluation survey should take 3-5 minutes to complete and will be available after the session. You will have only ten (10) days to complete the evaluation.
- 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™