Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply evidence based practice about care for medically-refractory epilepsy patients into individual practice during pre-surgical evaluations for these patients.
- Examine the results of evidence based practice with the Epilepsy Surgery team (radiology, neurology, surgeons) in order to improved patient care.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Radiologists, Neurologists, Surgeons
Planner: Josiah Ambrose, MD, Neurologist; Yang, Sua, NP, KP Redwood City
CME Staff: Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator; Alvin Ting, MD, CME COE
- Josiah Ambrose, MD, RWC, Neurologist
- Everett Austin, MD, RWC, Neuroscience
- Sharon McDaniel, MD, SF, Ped Neurology
- Leo Chen, MD, Sac, Neurology
- Ning Zhong, MD, Sac, Neurology
- John Kuratani, MD, Pediatric Epileptologist
1. American Epilepsy Society
3. National Association of Epilepsy Centers Guidelines:
4. Academy of Neurology Clinical Practice Guidelines: Epilepsy
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Credit Designation Statement:
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Attendance
- 2.00 Geriatrics
- 2.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis