Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Extend the knowledge of individual practitioners through collaboration of case management. Provide evidence based recommendations for age-specific related treatment as it applies to the geriatric population.
- Implement changes to improve the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of surgical and non-surgical patients with neurological disorders, spine neoplasms, pain and geriatric conditions.
- Enhance proficiency in the application of x-ray/imaging to the human body.
- Integrate cultural competency into the discussions which will assist in integrating the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that enables a health care professional to care effectively for patients from diverse cultures, groups and communities.
- Apply the appropriate work-flow for implementing recommendations with the treating team.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Neuro-oncology, Neurosurgery, Pathology, Medical Oncology, Radiology
Speakers (varies): Dr. Scott Peak (Neuro-oncology); Dr. William Sheridan (Neurosurgery); Dr. Todd Osinski MD (Radiology); Dr. Amy Gillis (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Cam Tran (Neuro-radiology); Dr. Rosendo So-Rosillo (Medical Oncology); Dr. Jennifer Ziskin (Neuropathology); Dr. Laura Millender (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Yuri Minn (Radiation Oncology); Dr. William Wara (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Victor Tse (Neurosurgery); Dr. Ming Teng (Radiation Oncology);Dr. Anthony J Matan/CA(Radiology); Dr. Piia Thomas,Dr. Sonia K. Ghei
Planners: William Sheridan MD / Scott Peak MD/ Amy Gillis MD / Todd Osinski MD
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, Chief of Education; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
Resources: Society guidelines (Society of Neuro-oncology) and peer review journals (Neuro-oncology, Journal of Oncology, Neurosurgery).
1. National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines http://www.nccn.org
2. Current Chemotherapy for Glioblastoma, The Cancer Journal, volume 9, Number 3, May/June, 2013
3. Radiotherapy plus Concomitant and Adjuvant Temozolomide for Glioblastoma, The New England Journal of Medicine 2005: 352:987-96
4. Case report: Leptomeningeal disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 109 (2007) 896–901 www.elsevier.com/locate/clineuro
5. Review: Integration of chemotherapy into current treatment strategies for brain metastases from solid tumors, Radiation Oncology 2006, 1:19, http://www.ro-journal.com/content/1/1/19
Disclosure: Dr. Jennifer Ziskin has disclosed that her husband works for Amgen and is paid salary for employment. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: Dr. Minal C Patel has disclosed her husband is employed as Vice President at Pfizer, and receives salary and stock options. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: Dr. Laura E Millender has disclosed her husband works for Sofinnova (a venture capital biotech investing company), and is paid a salary for employment. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: Dr. Victor A Levin has dislcosed he is a consultant for Orbus Therapeutics. The CME Department has reviewed his disclosure information and determined that he does not have a relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: All other presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for theplanner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statment:
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Geriatrics
- 2.00 Pain/EOL
- 2.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis
- 2.00 Stroke