Topic: Vision Loss after Intravitreal Injection of Autologous “Stem Cells” for AMD
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Review current literature in Ophthalmology and related fields to narrow the gap between what is in literature and our daily practice.
- Change practice patterns that are not consistent with current standards of care.
- Promote interdisciplinary learning between general Ophthalmologists and appropriate subspecialists (Cornea, Retina, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic, Glaucoma, Pediatrics).
- Discuss the prevalence of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) as the leading cause of vision loss in persons older than 75 years of age in the United States.
Target Audience: Physician Focus; Ophthalmology physicians and appropriate subspecialists (Cornea, Retina, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic,Glaucoma, Pediatrics)
Planner: Anthony Liu,MD, General Ophthalmology/Redwood City; Lydia Hsu, MD, Ophthalmology/Redwood City
Speakers: Thomas Hwang, MD, Ophthalmology, Redwood City
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 0.00 Geriatrics