TOPIC: Effect of brexanolone on depressive symptoms, anxiety, and insomnia in women with postpartum depression
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss and apply the knowledge base as appropriate to provide effective, cost-conscious, consistent, patient centered care, as it applies to psychiatry patients from diverse cultures, groups and communities.
- Identify the appropriate work-flow and ownership as it applies to psychiatry.
Educational Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Define the clinical presentation of postpartum depression and understand current treatments.
- Recognize the effective of brexanolone in adult women with PPD on depression
- Identify disparities on the diagnosis of mood symptoms in postpartum women in comparison to other populations of patients.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: KP- Redwood City Psychiatry
Faculty: Celine Shen, student pharmacist
Planner: Brian Huang, MD, Psychiatry Department and Minh Le, PharmD, KP Redwood City
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, Chief of Education; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
Resources: Effect of brexanolone in women with PPD.pdf
Disclosure Statement (as appropriate): None of the planners, faculty, committee members or reviewers for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patient.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™