Title: Increased Physical Activity Associated with Less Weight Regain Six Years After The Biggest Loser Competition
Educational Objectives: by the end of the series, participants will be able to:
- Review and apply knowledge base as appropriate to provide effective, cost conscious, consistent, patient centered care, as it applies to patients from diverse cultures, groups and communities.
- Implement current internal medicine and family medicine knowledge and practice gaps in the standard of care.
Session Objective: by the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Review How physical activity and energy intake changes were to related to weight loss and regain.
- Discuss methodology used for this post weight lose study.
- Discuss ways to help patients to lose weight through reduce energy intake and increase physical activity
Target Audience: Physician Focus in Adult Primary Care and Family Practice
Planner: George T. Chuang DO, Dept. of Medicine, Kaiser Permanente, San Mateo Medical Center (SMM)
CME Staff: Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator and Alvin Ting, MD, COE
Speaker: Hsing Pao, MD, Kaiser Permanente, San Mateo Medical Center (SMM)
Disclosure: Presenter Dr. Hsing Pao has disclosed that he is a stock holder and received salary from Abbott Laboratory and Danaher Laboratory. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information and determined that he does not have a relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: All other program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™