TOPIC:Active surveillance of grade group 1 prostate cancer: long-term outcomes
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
1. Review medical literature to identify potential gaps in knowledge and practice as it applies to cultural, ethnic and linguistic needs of the patients.
2. Standardize care, in an evidence-based, high quality fashion, where possible between individual doctors within the urology department.
3. Share in knowledge and improve communication and coordination of care with other departments where in disease processes require a multi-disciplinary approach.
4. Discuss pain control measures aside from traditional parental narcotics for post-operative care.
Educational Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss active surveillance of grade group 1 prostate cancer: long-term outcomes.
Target Audience (varies): Physician Focus in Urology
Planner: Aviva Weinberg MD, KP RWC Urology Department, KP Redwood City
Speaker: Aviva Weinberg, MD, KP RWC Urology Department, KP Redwood City
CME Staff: Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator; Alvin Ting, MD, Chief of Physician Education
Resources: see CME Reminder
Disclosure Statement: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest that present a conflict of interest with this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™