Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Improved coordination of patient care between IR, NEPH and VASC.
- Discuss & address radiology imaging findings and surgical concerns.
- Apply shared decision-making through case discussions by individual practitioners.
- Review of relevant medical literature.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Physicians specialist who see patients with a known vascular issues: IR, NEPH, VASC
Other non-physicians: clinical staff who see patients with a known vascular issues: IR, NEPH, VASC
- Owen Palmer, MD (VASC)
- Sharon Windust, (RN ESRD Case Manager NEPH)
- Anna Asovskaya, RN, Director of Surgical Services
- Grace Tay, MD (Chief of Surgery)
- Victoria Weinand, PA (VASC)
- Gina Manuntag-Santos, MA
- Rich Rana, MD (IR)
- Shalin Amin, MD (IR)
- Sheryl Domingo, RN (IR)
- Darryn Detmers, Tech Supervisor (IR)
- Anagha Jain, MD (NEPH)
- Jennifer W. Lin, MD (NEPH)
- Patricia Judy, (RN ESRD Case Manager NEPH)
- Madeline Papica, Director (IR)
Speakers (varies): Owen Palmer, MD (VASC); Rich Rana, MD (IR); Shalin Amin, MD (IR); Anagha Jain, MD (NEPH); Jennifer Lin, MD (NEPH); Victoria Weinand, PA (VASC)
1. Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (KDOQI) CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE FOR HEMODIALYSIS ADEQUACY: 2015 UPDATE http://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386 (15)01019-7/fulltext
2. National Kidney Foundation (NKF) CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES For Chronic Kidney Disease: Evaluation, Classification and Stratification https://www.kidney.org/sites/default/files/docs/ckd_evaluation_classification_stratification.pdf
Disclosure: Victoria Weinand Physician Assistance Certified (PA-C) has disclosed that her fiancé (now husband) receives stock/salary from Intuitive Surgical. The CME Department has reviewed the case information and determined that there is no bias and/or conflict of interest for this CME activity, as the devices will not used for these cases and will not be discussed.
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Geriatrics
- 1.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis