Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
1. Apply the diagnosis and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal disorders as appropriate to age, cultural and linguistic patient care.
2. Share decision making through case discussions by individual practitioners.
3. Discuss and address radiology imaging findings and radiation concerns.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Radiologists, ortho surgeons, occupational medicine, podiatrists, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Andrew Roberts MD/Radiology, Redwood City
- Craig Nimick, DPM, Podiatry, Redwood City
- Andrew Roberts MD/Radiology, KP RWC
- Craig Nimick, DPM, Podiatry, KP RWC
- Daniel Holtzman MD, Ortho, KP RWC
- Jonathan Lam MD, Ortho, KP RWC
Staff: Alvin Ting, MD; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
1) Regional guidelines; peer review journals; evidence based clinical expertise.
2) Stoller, D.W., Tirman, P.F.J. Bredella, M.A., & Beltran, S. (2006). Diagnostic Imaging; Orthopaedics. Salt Lake City: Amirsys
3) Stoller, D.W. (2006) Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health
4) Statdx is a link/website ofter used: my.statdx.com
5) Skeletal Radiology, American Journal of Roentgenology, and Radiology are all commonly accessed articles when preparing for the conferences.
Disclosure Statement: Lori Shaw, PA, participant, has disclosed that she is employed by, and has stock options with Pharmacyclics, Inc. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relevant financial relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.