Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply evidence based practice about care for medically-refractory epilepsy patients into individual practice during pre-surgical evaluations for these patients.
- Examine the results of evidence based practice with the Epilepsy Surgery team (radiology, neurology, surgeons) in order to improved patient care.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Radiologists, Neurologists, Surgeons
Planners (varies): Josiah Ambrose, MD, Neurologist, KP Redwood City; Yang, Sua, NP, KP Redwood City
|Dr. Josiah Ambrose, RWC/KP Neurologist|
|Sua Yang NP, RWC/KP Neuroscience|
|Dr. Shahram Amina RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
|Dr. Erika Pietzsch RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
|Dr. John Kuratani RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
|Dr. Leo Chen RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
|Dr. Ning Zhong RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
|Dr. Sharon McDaniel RWC/KP Epidemiologist|
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
1. American Epilepsy Society
3. National Association of Epilepsy Centers Guidelines:
4. Academy of Neurology Clinical Practice Guidelines: Epilepsy
The regular presenters and program planners of this case conference have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest (s). The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty or this program and they do not have relationships that present a relevant financial conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand-name products.
*For Webex Meeting information see the email invite from
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Geriatrics
- 2.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis