Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Extend the knowledge of individual practitioners through collaboration of case management. Provide evidence based recommendations for age-specific related treatment as it applies to the geriatric population.
- Implement changes to improve the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of surgical and non-surgical patients with neurological disorders, spine neoplasms, pain and geriatric conditions.
- Enhance proficiency in the application of x-ray/imaging to the human body.
- Integrate cultural competency into the discussions which will assist in integrating the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that enables a health care professional to care effectively for patients from diverse cultures, groups and communities.
- Apply the appropriate work-flow for implementing recommendations with the treating team.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Neuro-oncology, Neurosurgery, Pathology, Medical Oncology, Radiology
- Dr. Scott Peak (Neuro-oncology)
- Dr. William Sheridan (Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Amy Gillis (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. Cam Tran (Neuro-radiology)
- Dr. Rosendo So-Rosillo (Medical Oncology)
- Dr. Jennifer Ziskin (Neuropathology)
- Dr. Laura Millender (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. Yuri Minn (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. William Wara (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. Sonia Ghei (Radiology)
- Dr. Andrew H1. Nguyen (Radiology)
- Dr. Ashish Jani (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. Victor Tse (Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Piia Thomas (Neurosurgery)
Planners(varies): Dr.Scott Peak MD (Neuro-Oncology); Dr. William Sheridan MD (Neurosurgery); Dr. Amy Gillis (Radiation Oncology); Randee Raddoc, RN; Nancy Lee-Enriquez, RN
Resources: Society guidelines (Society of Neuro-Oncology) and peer review journals (Neuro-oncology, Journal of Oncology, Neurosurgery).
1. National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines http://www.nccn.org
2. Current Chemotherapy for Glioblastoma, The Cancer Journal, volume 9, Number 3, May/June, 2013
3. Radiotherapy plus Concomitant and Adjuvant Temozolomide for Glioblastoma, The New England Journal of Medicine 2005: 352:987-96
4. Case report: Leptomeningeal disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 109 (2007) 896–901 www.elsevier.com/locate/clineuro
5. Review: Integration of chemotherapy into current treatment strategies for brain metastases from solid tumors, Radiation Oncology 2006, 1:19, http://www.ro-journal.com/content/1/1/19
Disclosure Statement: Dr. Jennifer Ziskin disclosed that her husband works for Amgen. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relevant financial relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
isclosure Statement: Dr. Piia Thomas is the owner of Enkephalon a medical device company. The CME Department has reviewed his disclosure information and determined that he does not have a relevant financial relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity
Disclosure Statement: Dr. Laura E Millender disclosed husband is is a board member of Velicept Therapeutics, Nalo and is a board observer at Omniox. The CME Department has reviewed her disclosure information and determined that she does not have a relevant financial relationship bias and/or conflict of interest with this CME activity.
Disclosure Statement: All other presenters, program planners and participants of this case conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty/participants for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Geriatrics
- 2.00 Pain/EOL
- 2.00 Radiation Safety
- 2.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis