TOPIC: Association Between Ophthalmologist Age and Unsolicited Patient Complaints
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Review current literature in Ophthalmology and related fields to narrow the gap between what is in the literature and our daily practice.
- Change practice patterns that are not consistent with current standards of care.
- Promote interdisciplinary learning between general Ophthalmologists and subspecialists (Cornea, Retina, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic, Glaucoma, Pediatrics).
- Possible language barriers in some patient encounters will be discussed and addressed along with cultural and or linguistic competency as appropriate.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Ophthalmology physicians and subspecialists (Cornea, Retina, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic, Glaucoma, Pediatrics)
Planner(s) Vary: Lydia Hsu, MD, General Ophthalmology, KP Redwood City; Anthony Liu, General Ophthalmology, KP Redwood City
Speaker(s) Vary: Lydia Hsu, MD, General Ophthalmology, KP Redwood City; Anthony Liu, General Ophthalmology, KP Redwood City
CME Staff: Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator; Alvin Ting, MD, Chief of Physician Education
Resources attachment: see CME Reminder
Disclosure: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relationships that present a conflict of interest.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity .
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Accreditation and Credits
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™