TOPIC: Update in COVID-19 Management
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss clinical guidelines for appropriate care in HBS.
- Integrate appropriate cultural and linguistic factors/techniques to deliver quality in inpatient setting.
- Utilize current best practices as it applies to inpatient setting.
- Apply communication techniques with patients, families and colleagues.
- Meet organizational quality goals and improve our quality outcomes.
Educational Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the hyper local epidemiology update in San Mateo County.
- Identify predicted numbers per locally applied model.
- Discuss a case scenario of physician preparedness for those involved with transition through the hospital: MOB, ER, HBS, ICU with updates for each step of the way.
- Utilize the PPE and visitor policy.
- Utilize the resources and support for ourselves and staff.
- Apply the Lab / Infectivity / NEJM aerosolization article / Isolation protocol update.
- Integrate the communication cautions for our staff.
Target Audience: Physician Focus in Hospital Based Services (HBS) Department, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Surgery, NSG and Anesthesia
Planner: Dorina Gheorghevici, MD, HBS, KP Redwood City
KP Speakers (varies):
- Darvin, Scott Smith, MD, Chief of ID
- Sunil Bhopale, MD
- Greg Smith, PharmD
- Curtis Huynh, MD
- Jasper Chen, MD
- Ashwini A. Peruri, MD
- Poonam Kapadia, MD
- Him Herold, Manager of Employee Assistance Program
- Stacey Wagner, Director of Public Affairs
- Maria Wojciechowski, Capital Projects Director
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, COE; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
Resources (include): See Power Point
Disclosure Statement: Dr. Darvin Scott Smith has disclosed that his wife has received a grant for her research from Merck for UCSF. The CME Department has reviewed the disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program, and the power point, and they do not have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest that present a conflict of interest with this CME Activity.
Disclosure Statement: The presenters and program planners of this conference have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CME Department has reviewed their disclosure information for the planner(s) and/or committee / faculty for this program and they do not have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest that present a conflict of interest with this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™