Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply evidence based practice about care for medically-refractory epilepsy patients into individual practice during pre-surgical evaluations for these patients.
- Examine the results of evidence based practice with the Epilepsy Surgery team (radiology, neurology, surgeons) in order to improved patient care.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Radiologists, Neurologists, Surgeons, Epidemiologists
KP Planners (varies): Josiah Ambrose, MD; Yang, Sua, NP, KP Redwood City
KP Faculty/Speakers (varies):
- Cam Tran, MD, Radiologist, KP Redwood City
- Derek W. Yecies, MD, KP Redwood City
- Dorris Luong, RN, KP
- Erika Pietzsch, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- James Kang, MD, Radiologist, KP Redwood City
- John Duncan, MD, Neuroscience, KP Redwood City
- John Kuratani, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Josiah Ambrose, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Leo Chen, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Mariel Velez, MD, KP Redwood City
- Mark Sedrak, MD, KP Redwood City
- Ning Zhong, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Patrick Pezeshkian, KP Redwood City
- Sharon McDaniel, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Shahram Amina, MD, Epidemiologist, KP Redwood City
- Wendy Lo, RN, KP Redwood City
KP CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator, KP Redwood City
1. American Epilepsy Society
2. Epilepsy Foundation
3. National Association of Epilepsy Centers Guidelines:
4. Academy of Neurology Clinical Practice Guidelines: Epilepsy
Disclosure Statement (as appropriate): None of the planners, faculty, committee members or reviewers for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patient.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Geriatrics
- 4.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis