TOPIC: You Say Haematuria, I Say Hematuria: Updates for the Hospitalist
Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss clinical guidelines for appropriate care in HBS.
- Integrate appropriate cultural/linguistic and implicit bias factors/techniques to deliver quality in inpatient setting.
- Utilize current best practices as it applies to inpatient setting.
- Apply communication techniques with patients, families and colleagues.
- Meet appropriate organizational quality goals and improve our quality outcomes.
Educational Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition and causes of hematuria.
- Differentiate when to refer to a urologist as an outpatient vs inpatient.
- Recognize what extra information is needed to be obtained when the nurses call about gross hematuria.
- Recognize when to call the urologist about gross hematuria.
- Discuss the general guidelines for treatment of hematuria.
Target Audience: Physician Focus in Hospital Based Services (HBS) Department
Planners: Christine Kwan, MD; KP Redwood City; Aviva Weinberg, MD, KP Redwood City
Speaker: Aviva Weinberg, MD, Urology, KP Redwood City
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, COE; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator, KP Redwood City
Resource: See PowerPoint
Disclosure Statement (as appropriate):
Dr. Weinberg, faculty for this educational event, has no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
None of the planners, faculty, committee members or reviewers for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patient
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™