Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Extend the knowledge of individual practitioners through collaboration of case management. Provide evidence based recommendations for age-specific related treatment as it applies to the geriatric population.
- Implement changes to improve the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of surgical and non-surgical patients with neurological disorders, spine neoplasms, pain and geriatric conditions.
- Enhance proficiency in the application of x-ray/imaging to the human body.
- Integrate cultural competency into the discussions which will assist in integrating the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that enables a health care professional to care effectively for patients from diverse cultures, groups and communities.
- Apply the appropriate work-flow for implementing recommendations with the treating team.
Target Audience: Physician Focus: Neuro-oncology, Neurosurgery, Pathology, Medical Oncology, Radiology
Planners(varies): Dr. Scott Peak MD (Neuro-Oncology); Dr. William Sheridan MD (Neurosurgery); Dr. Amy Gillis (Radiation Oncology); Randee Radoc, RN; Nancy Lee-Enriquez, RN
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, COE and Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
|Amish A. Shah, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP|
|Anand Parthasarathy, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Dublin|
|Andrew A. Nguyen, MD, (Radiology), KP Redwood City|
|Ashish Jani, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Dublin|
|Cam Tran, MD, (Neuroradiology), KP Redwood City|
|Christopher H. Chapman, MD, (Rad/ Onc), KP Dublin|
|Donna Molaie, MD, (Neuro/Surgery), KP RWC|
|Giatri V Dave, MD, Radiation Oncology, KP Fresno|
|Gillis, Amy, MD, Regional Medical Director, (Rad/ Onc)|
|James Kang, MD, (Radiology) KP RWC|
|Jennifer Ziskin, MD, (Neuropathology), KP Redwood City|
|Kuo, Calvin, MD|
|Laura Millender, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Redwood City|
|Leslie Modlin, MD, (Oncology), KP Redwood City|
|Lewis Hou, MD (Neuro/Surgery Clinic) KP RWC|
|Ming Teng, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Redwood City|
|Nicholas J Giacalone, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP, Dublin|
|Nima K Harandi, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP|
|Rajni A Sethi, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Dublin|
|Rosendo So-Rosillo, MD, (Medical Oncology), KP Redwood C|
|Scott Peak, MD, (Neuro-oncology), KP Redwood City|
|Sonia Ghei, MD (Radiology), KP|
|William Sheridan, MD, (Neurosurgery), KP Redwood City|
|Yuri Minn, MD, (Radiation Oncology), KP Redwood City|
|Randee Radoc, RN, KP|
|Nancy M Lee-Enriquez, RN, KP|
Resources: Society guidelines (Society of Neuro-Oncology) and peer review journals (Neuro-oncology, Journal of Oncology, Neurosurgery).
1. National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines http://www.nccn.org
2. Current Chemotherapy for Glioblastoma, The Cancer Journal, volume 9, Number 3, May/June, 2013
3. Radiotherapy plus Concomitant and Adjuvant Temozolomide for Glioblastoma, The New England Journal of Medicine 2005: 352:987-96
4. Case report: Leptomeningeal disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 109 (2007) 896–901 www.elsevier.com/locate/clineuro
5. Review: Integration of chemotherapy into current treatment strategies for brain metastases from solid tumors, Radiation Oncology 2006, 1:19, http://www.ro-journal.com/content/1/1/19
Disclosure Statement (as appropriate): None of the planners, faculty, committee members or reviewers for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patient.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand -name products.
Kaiser Permanente Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Geriatrics
- 2.00 Pain/EOL
- 2.00 Radiation Safety
- 2.00 Radiologic Technologyx-ray use or diagnosis
- 2.00 Stroke