Educational Objectives: By the end of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Leverage KPHC to support the quality initiatives relevant to their specialty
- Define and apply the KPHC workflows that allow them to optimize their in-basket management.
- Discuss the tools provided by the KP iPhone.
Educational Objectives: At the conclusion of today's meeting, participants will learn about the new features related to the KPHC Update in order to optimize technology related workflows and improve patient care.
- Viewing Abnormal Lab Results in Messages (Available 2/16)
- Results Review Scroll Bar (Available 2/16)
- Short Cut Key Change for “Refuse/Rt” in the Rx: Request folder (Available Now)
- SGLT2 inhibitors Pre-Op Hold Instructions (Available 2/22)
- Lab Result Letter (LRL) Update (Available 2/16)
- Anatomic Pathology Lab Update (Coming Soon)
- Debrief Section in Medical Office Procedure Navigator (Available 2/15)
Dragon Medical One:
- Results inbasket management- use step by step commands to optimize handling of results folder messages with voice commands
Focus: All Physicians in RWC and SMM who use the KPHC Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
1. Kim Pham, MD, Assistant Physician in Chief of IT, Access and Performance Improvement, Kaiser Permenante, San Mateo Medical Center
2. Herb Szeto, APIC of Hospital and IT, Hospital Medicine, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City
3. Dustin Stark, Regional KPHC Learning Consultant for Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City
Speaker(s): Dustin Stark, Regional KPHC Learning Consultant for Redwood City
CME Staff: Alvin Ting, MD, COE; Julia Carranza, CME Coordinator
Resources: Regional Kaiser Permanente Health Connect (KPHC) team referenceshttp://cl.kp.org/pkc/ncal/clib/Training/kphc/index.htm and Sharepoint resources here
Disclosure: Dustin Stark, KPHC Learning Consultant, faculty for this educational event, has no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Disclosure (as appropriate): None of the planners, faculty, committee or reviewers for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City takes responsibility for the content , quality and scientific integrity of this CME Activity.
Kaiser Permanente does not endorse any brand-name products.
Accreditation and Credits
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center - Redwood City designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™